This episode’s guest is Amanda Weedmark, a designer and illustrator who sells nature-inspired stickers, pins, patches and paper goods. Amanda’s work is heavily influenced by the simple, funky styles of the 1960s & 70s, and her designs can be found in over 90+ brick and mortar shops across North America.
Topics discussed in the interview include:
- Why design and illustration — what prompted you to choose this field?
- As a creative, what did your journey look like from HS, to college, to the professional world?
- How did you get into over 90 retail stores across North America?
- So obviously, you’re an artist AND a business owner. How do these two different facets of you co-exist — and how does one affect the other?
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced (either professionally, personally) and how did you handle it?
One of the happy surprises that came out of the interview was a discussion about trauma, healing and self care — which is an incredibly important topic for business owners that doesn’t get enough attention.
I hope you enjoy this week’s edition of Five Questions With.
Want more tips and insights from Cuppa SEO Web Design?